Dr. Michael Persky considers his work to be as much an art form as a medical procedure. He has practiced facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Encino, California since 1985.
Dr. Persky graduated with honors from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia and completed his residency at Los Angeles County, University of Southern California Medical Center in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, specializing in Facial Plastic Surgery. As a Clinical Instructor for the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Southern California Medical Center, Dr. Persky continues to educate and support upcoming physicians. He is a Board Certified Fellow by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
Here’s what Dr. Persky had to say when we caught up with him for a brief interview:
1) Can You Start off By Telling Us Your Name.
Michael A Persky. MD FACS
2) How Long have you been practicing?
I’ve been practicing since 1985.
3) What made you want to become a Plastic Surgeon as opposed to being another sort of Doctor?
Helping people to look their best has always been important to me. I also derive immense satisfaction when one of my patients comes to me overjoyed at their new and improved appearance.
4) What have you been noticing in marketing trends for Plastic Surgeons over the last few years?
Advertising of any kind was frowned upon when I went into practice. But now, social media has made it acceptable. I would also say that the public needs to be aware of the difference between the doctors that are “Cosmetic” and other “board certified.
5) What would you say has been the most effective marketing for your practice so far?
Since we are well established, my most effective marketing method continues to be word of mouth.
6) So far would you say that the internet has helped grow your practice at a steady pace in comparison with previous marketing in the past.
Social media has become a way of life, just as the web and email did back around 2000. Now, sites like Flip and YouTube are among the most effective ways to market the practice.
7) What are you currently doing to stay ahead of the curve in terms of marketing?
Social media is great for enabling patients to spread the word about my work, but video is the key. It lets us educate, and show patients directly what they can achieve through our various services.
8) I know that most Doctors that we talk to say that the Internet is the future of their practice in terms of marketing… Why do You think so many plastic surgeons are betting their practice on that today?
Plastic surgeons who are established are not betting on the internet; they’re riding their established word of mouth. It could be a recommendation from another doctor or from a patient of mine. What the internet can do, though, is help newer practices get on the map.
9) What would you say is your five year plan for marketing your practice via the Internet? What are the technologies and services you’ll be investing in to stay ahead of others.
I’ll continue to invest in social media to allow my patients to share their experiences with their friends and acquaintances. And of course, I’ll keep an ear to the ground to scope out anything else that comes along that seems promising in this way. The most important thing is to educate the public in a truthful manner about what we are doing.
10) If you could give the other plastic surgeons that will be reading this article one piece of marketing advice that would help them get more patients…. what would that be?
Facebook. It’s important to stay addressed of what’s new. There’s a reason why everyone is carrying their phones all the time. Its a very effective way of getting your message across.
Dr. Persky, thank you for your time today. I know the Audience of “I Love Plastic Surgery” is going to love this and that its really going to help a lot of them out doctors and patients alike.
If you would like to know more about Dr. Persky or would like to schedule your free consultation, visit www.drpersky.com or call 818-570-0958